When our schools need support during non-contact hours for teachers, TeacherActive recruit for cover supervisor jobs all over the country for primary, secondary and special needs schools.
This is a job that requires you to be confident, flexible, patient and, above all, to enjoy working with young people.
The role essentially requires a highly organised individual and great communicator to come into a lesson when a teacher is absent, to cover lessons and manage the classroom’s behaviour.
• Manage the classroom and supervise pupils
• Help pupils carry out pre-arranged tasks and exercises set out by the teacher
• Respond to pupil’s questions and help with their work
• Collect all completed work at the end of the class to be passed on to the teacher
• Report back to teacher or staff about the behaviour of the class and work carried out according to the school’s procedure and processes.
• Deal with any immediate issues such as emergencies in complete accordance with the school’s procedures and policies.
These roles are often filled by graduates who are looking to pursue a career in teaching or learning support.
Some of these roles may simply require you to have the right personality and attitude, as well as a minimum of 6 months experience in an educational setting, this can include but is not limited to; sports coaching, youth clubs or voluntary work within a school – however some roles or schools may require qualifications.
Possible qualifications required are: Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools, Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools or Level 3 Certificate in Cover Supervision of Pupils in Schools.
However, bear in mind that the qualifications required are entirely up to the school and can change depending on the school’s location – the best thing to do if you are unsure about whether or not you should apply for a role is to contact one of our consultants in the location that suits you best.
They will be able to tell you what roles are suitable for you and which ones may not out of our current cover supervisor vacancies:
If we don’t have one that matches your needs – our consultants will look for one for you, simply register or contact us.
Search for the right supply teaching or support role for you