Doncaster, Yorkshire and HumbersideCONSULTANT
Eli Morris - 0114 321 0757Job Description
Night Support Worker
Are you looking for a role within Special Needs? Do you have a calm and nurturing approach?
TeacherActive require a Residential Support Worker, experienced in helping autistic children to gain independence to work in a home in Doncaster. The post will be working with ages 10-19 to support children and young adults on a 1:1 basis and in small groups.
If you are a Support Worker with knowledge and experience of supporting children and young people with autism or other learning disabilities, please apply now to be considered for interview. The suitable Support Worker must also be able to ensure students' personal care and emotional needs are met.
The role involves working as part of a team to ensure students feel supported as well as household duties and completing logs.
The ideal Residential Support Worker will need to have:
* Previous experience within a SEND school or residential care environment
* A patient and caring approach when providing all aspects of care
* Experience in one to one support to encourage independence and raising self-esteem
* Be comfortable with providing personal care to young adults, including washing, dressing, toileting and feeding
* Respect privacy and dignity at all times
* Able to adapt to different working environments
In return the successful Residential Support Worker will enjoy:
* A great rate of pay
* The opportunity to choose when you want to work or take holidays
* An enhanced DBS, which is refundable after 10 days of work
* An unrivalled service from a dedicated team of SEND consultants with years of experience and knowledge of the industry
* The opportunity to make genuine difference in young adults' lives
All of our supply staff are paid on a PAYE basis, so you can rest assured that you're paying the right level of Tax and National Insurance and there's no messing around with admin charges coming out of your hard earned cash.
If you think that you are the Support Worker for this position please call Eli on 0114 321 0757 or email your CV to [email protected]
All applicants will be contacted to discuss suitability and then invited to register with TeacherActive.
Registration involves an enhanced DBS check, ID checks and will require you to supply good professional references. We pride ourselves on excellent service. We can provide a wide range of opportunities in schools and other educational institutions, with good rates of pay, at times to suit your needs.
Regular external audits have shown repeatedly that our standards are exceptional. We are passionate about finding the right staff for each environment.
TeacherActive is an equal opportunities employer, and operates as an Employment Business in providing temporary or contract job-seeking services.