To help you get to work quickly and efficiently...
Step one: Register your interest in TeacherActive.
What documents do I need to register?
- A valid form of ID, such as a valid passport, driving license or birth certificate.
- At least one proof of address from the last three months, including a bank statement, utility or council tax bill, or government letter.
- An Enhanced DBS check. or be registered with the Update Service.
- Eligible visa if you are coming to work from overseas.
You will also need to provide at least two references from previous employers. All documents are uploaded to our online application form, in advance of bringing the originals to the interview stage.
Step two: Visit us in branch
We’ll book you in for an interview, where you can discuss what skills you specialise in, and what type of role you are looking for with our resourcers. This is where you will meet your recruitment consultant, who will be working with you to find jobs in education that match your skills.
At your interview, you will need to bring original documents of all of the below:
- A current Enhanced DBS check - This must include the ISA barred list for working with children. For it to be usable it must be registered on the DBS Update Service.
- 2x Proof of ID.
- 2x Proof of address.
- Proof of teaching/relevant qualifications and training e.g. original copies of a PGCE, Degree, NVQ, BTEC, Cache, Team-Teach, Manual Handling, Child Protection etc.
- 2x recent referees’ details - At least one from an educational background e.g. A school you have worked for or a GTP/PGCE Course Leader/Mentor, and one from your current or most recent employer.
- Up-to-date CV.
- Overseas Police Check If you have lived abroad for 6 months within the last 5 years.
- Visa/work ermit if applicable.
- Bank details and NI number.
Step three: The clearance process
Once we have your documents, the compliance team will work hard to get you cleared for work, this means:
- Checking all documents you’ve provided are correct.
- Applying for your TeacherActive DBS or checking the Update Service.
- Contact your referees for a reference.
- Signing you up to our payroll provider WorkWell.
You will be notified by your consultant once you are cleared to work.
If you have any questions, please visit our FAQ page or get in touch.